Friday, September 17, 2010

I have fallen in love,
I think...

Is not love
That which warms the soul?
Like the rays of sunlight that fill me with strength

Is not love
That which tenderly caresses?
Like the wind whose soft tendrils comb my hair

Is not love
That which selflessly comforts?
Like the rain whose gentle tears accompany my own

But above all,
Is not love
That which reminds me of You?
Like the waves that prostrate in worship along the shore,
Like the trees whose hands are forever raised in prayer,
Like the soil that yields in silent adoration.

Yes,
I have fallen in love
With every element of this world that You have weaved into being
The rain and moon,
Sun and wind,
Sky and sea.

And like true love,
I seek not to own nor alter,
But simply to relish in the joy of being in their presence
And care for them with heart and soul.

No comments: