Monday, October 20, 2008

Blearg....ggg....hhh....

wHOO, my first blog and I'm already stumped.....Honestly, I hate writer's block! It's like you have this whole notion of what you're going to write, you think that all the words and sentences are just gonna start flowing out of your mind and right into your hands, filling up that terrifyingly blank space in front of you with the most beautiful of metaphors, the most intricate of descriptions. But then -- zlep-- you just sit there staring at the menacing whiteness of blank space and your hands are frozen, left to hover above the keyboard to await instructions that never seem to come. You know that your thoughts are in there somewhere, that in some dark and forgotten corner in that vast complex of pink gooey mush, there must be some intelligent stream of consciousness just dying to get out, to unleash itself onto the world.
Well, that came out longer than I'd expected or even wanted it to. So I'm confused now, what is a blog really for? From what I've seen of my friends' blogs, it's mostly about retelling whatever interesting thing's happened in the past, oh I'd say 4-5 hours of their life, and that thing has to be so utterly incredible or at least ridiculously absurd enough to make them go through the hassle of turning on their computers or laptops or whatever they have and actually write it down for future reference.
For me, well, I think I'm just using it as another mental punchbag....here i can actually write down what's screaming out for attention in my head, and surprisingly, it actually makes me feel better, although I know I'm probably not entertaining any of my readers (this is if anyone is actually reading all this mental crap, which is an utter impossibility) and my grammer/sentence structure/vocab. is simply atrocious, which has always bothered me to unreasonable extents in the past.
Here i go again with all this mindless prattling...I should probably stop though, cause I feel that if I do go on to another paragraph, I won't be able to cease this endless stream of jumbled nonsense.
So, until a later day, when I will hopefully be a lot calmer and hopefully a lot less verbose in my writing. Besides, my hands are getting a bit tired of punching down these letters on the keyboard, and I'm sure that if the keyboard could talk it would definitely say a word or two about this overly abusive relationship.

No comments: