Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rain....

Drip....
drip.....
drip....

Mmmmhh.... I just love a rainy day. I've never been much of a solar enthusiast (i get my vitamin D's elsewhere) but the rain, well that's another thing. The gentle, rhythmic pattering does a lot of good for a stressed mind. And the smell of it, yeah, the only other thing that I love more than the sound of the rain, is the smell it leaves behind...a subtle earthy scent, sometimes so faint and ephemeral its presence is questionable, but it's there. Infused in every falling droplet, saturated in every particle of the atmosphere. I wish that those particles wouldn't leave so soon, that they would stay behind and enshroud my world in this eternal dusk.

I know this might sound like a whole lot of unimportant rubbish, but I don't know, the rain has a calming effect on me and it kinda gets reflected in my writing. The pesimissm and gloom n' doom stuff hasn't gone (i don't think that'll ever happen, it's kinda part of who i am) but the atmosphere that coaxes the rain down from their heavenly sanctuary, has served to suppress the despair that usually engulfs my being. Perhaps every droplet contains some small ounce of the divine, something that has been that close to heaven is bound to be affected in some way, so that when they do fall, a mass renegade of heavenly bodies fill the earth.

No comments: