Tuesday, October 5, 2010

From poems to pop


Got hit by some random stroke of melodic mastery, and came up with this little riff for my music test today, huaha! Haven't found much of a rhythm to go along with it though, so it's still a lot more poem-like than anything else - proof that song writing just isn't one of my talents, hehe. Anyways, it's rare for me to write something this good, so I thought I'd come and share this particular one with the world for once

Your heart’s a battlefield
Drowned out in stagnant tears
The sun that once had shone
Now cries in its broken home

You try to hide your pain,
Dress it in different names,
But I see through your ruse,
The real you that is my muse

Reff:
Oh, you gotta just
Let it out,
Live it up,
Let your smile see the light
The smile I’ve been waiting so long for

Reff

Oooh..
The smile that will carry me back home..

No comments: