Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hmmmm, so I had a pretty boring afternoon and for once the cold hard chains of academic servitude were not there to shackle me to my desk. Anyways, I spent (wasted really) the first free afternoon I've had in God knows how long, perusing the web, checking my ever-stationary mailbox, and generally throwing to waste what few minutes of liberation I had (typical me ~_~)

So, in a rather twisted version of 'My Journey Around the World(wide web) in 80 minutes', I happened upon a link to this poetry site and so, being the literature dork that I am, I couldn't resist the urge to click on the flashy blue advert. Aghh, my willpower is weak when it comes to dazzling displays of commercial advertisement, even if the product they're promoting are the harrowing (if rather corny) depictions of the tragedy of the human thought in the face of this godforsaken, sepulcher of a world.... Wow, that was the most literate, educated, well-organized sentence I've ever written - I shall have to archive that for future reference.

Dang it, there I go digressing again, this really is a habit that should be stopped. I'm pretty sure that if old age or bronchial disease doesn't kill me first, a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome will.

So anyways, going back to what I was writing before I got so unceremoniously sidetracked.... what was I writing before this?? Oh yeah, the poetry site. Well, inspiration kind of hit me smack dab in the middle of a Maya Angelou poem and so, following my literati instincts, I let my inner poet free and BAM! The juices of poetic creativity started to ooze down from those barren recesses of my mind, providing the rusted wheels of my imagination with some much needed thinking grease. And below is the product of all that arduous mind-turning, brain-wracking work. (At first, I felt kinda insecure displaying my work like this, but what the hey, I spent a lot of brainpower on this thing and I wasn't just gonna let that go without notice)

Again, this is kinda corny (ok, a lot corny), but like I said, what the hey. So, enjoy:



What right do you have to make me suffer
To make me feel such loathing and pain
To leave me broken in the shattering thunder
And let me drown in this endless rain

Why is it that life has joined us both?
Has let us share two years of laughter
Has let us swear in whispered oaths
Of our future happily ever after

But now without you, my days are hollow
My nights without their guiding star
And like a boat in waters shallow
I stumble on, with body scarred....



Okay, so I never said that I actually got to finish it. It seems that the creative juices ran short somewhere in between the 3rd or 4th stanza and whatever came out after that was the equivalent of the waste products of the entire operation (in other words it was a pat of poo) so, I couldn't and didn't have the nerve to actually publish any of it for fear of life-long public humiliation.

Well, I think that should be all. Anyways, I have to prepare myself for the horror that is the sociology midterm which awaits me tomorrow *wishes she could crawl into some absurdly dark corner and hide*

No comments: