Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Another Crazy Experience

I will remember your sweet semi-smile, your turtle-face, your sharp intake of breath before you speak.
I will remember the way you ask permission to have your cheesy moments, and all the lame jokes and pick-up lines you come up with from God knows where.
I will remember the way you poke my cheeks and my sides at random intervals and how you always remind me not to cry whenever I get the least bit emotional.
I will remember your smooth stubby hands and the desperation yet strength you had when you grasped mine.
I will remember the way that you're just an overall hopeless romantic who listens to slow instrumental songs from a world music album.
And I most definitely will remember all of the crazy, spontaneous moments we had: stargazing on the beach, painting each other's faces, searching for halal food in a Chinese night market, climbing a 4-storey rooftop, going on a bike ride along the Melaka River at nighttime, eating porridge with chocolate chip cookies on another rooftop, trekking through a forest with no established trail, jogging a different route every day, finding absurd synonyms for mainstream words and phrases, laughing at the pick-up lines you slip into your PDF code for our group report, proposing to me under a semi-lit tree with a self-drawn marker ring, proclaiming your shahadah through Skype with me.

My words here are nowhere near sufficient to capture the spirit of the moments we've shared and my gratitude to God is beyond words for letting us share those moments together :)

No comments: